About - Crosswalk Labs
Who we are
Our Story 01
The name Crosswalk is inspired by everyday citizens and leaders who move cities forward — the ones who promote understanding of the issues and drive change. We see you, and we’re here to support your action. Our mission is to make every city-level decision a climate decision.
As former elected officials and data scientists, we’ve seen firsthand how well-informed choices that are grounded in the data can shape communities and affect the environment. We started Crosswalk Labs because we envision communities as the primary drivers of emissions reductions and the center of action.
Our Approach 02
We track greenhouse gas emissions over time with unprecedented resolution — scouring hundreds of data sources, running constrained optimization protocols on billions of data points and benchmarking the results against atmospheric measurements.
We save cities time by providing a detailed, peer-reviewed approach to emissions data validated by atmospheric science — so you know it’s accurate. No more spreadsheets. No more manual processes. Just verifiable metrics you can rely on.
Jason Burnett / Co-founder + CEO
- Chair of the Board, David and Lucile Packard Foundation / (former) Mayor, Carmel-by-the-Sea / (former) Managing Partner, Clean Fund / (former) Associate Deputy Administrator, US EPA
Dr. Kevin Gurney / Co-founder + CTO
- Professor, School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems, Northern Arizona University / Lead Author, IPCC / NSF CAREER award recipient
Dr. Phil DeCola / Co-founder + CSO
- Adjunct Professor, University of Maryland Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Department / (former) Climate Change advisor, White House OSTP / (former) Program Scientist, NASA
Stephen Barrows / General Counsel + COO
- [Former] Prometheus Fuels General Counsel and Head of Policy / [former] Stripe, Plaid Regulatory and Product Counsel / [former] U.S. Department of the Treasury Senior Advisor to the General Counsel.
Amy Wolkowinsky / Director of External Relations
- Registered Professional Geologist #45433 / MS in Geology, Purdue University / Affiliate Faculty, School of Earth & Sustainability at Northern Arizona University
Dr. Victoria Hunt / Director of Data Solutions
- Data Scientist / Councilmember, Issaquah WA / PhD in Ecology, University of Illinois Chicago / (former) Affiliate Faculty in the Dept. of Urban Design and Planning, University of Washington / 10+ years in analytics and data visualization
Dr. Geoff Roest / Technical Lead
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Northern Arizona University / PhD in Atmospheric Sciences, Texas A&M University / (former) National Academies' Gulf Research Program Science Policy Fellow
Naa Aku Shika Quarshie / Analyst
- MS candidate, Climate Science and Solutions, Northern Arizona University / Graduate Service Assistant, Center for International Education, Northern Arizona University